Monday, December 30, 2013

First Shot, Worst Shot

I read that the first shot is the worst shot. If that's true, then we've succeeded already! 

Our anxiety was higher than usual throughout the day, and Will probably watched the "how to" online more times than the average user (he's an overachiever even in his shot-giving skills),  but we did it! Excited that after all this waiting, it's finally time to DO something.

One of our wonderful cheerleaders sent me a box full of "treasures." Just like when you were a kid and got a shot at the doctors and then a reward out of the treasure chest, we each get to reach in and get something out of the box after each successful shot. Two prizes before bed makes for not a bad Monday! Bring on the next 3 weeks!

Here's to hoping 2014 is a year of magical things!

Happy New Year!,
Kendall and Will
I chose an ice-cream pen and Will chose a sucker. Success!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! We are so excited to get this party started! We went through two years of poking and prodding to get our baby. Now that I'm on the other end with a baby in my arms, I can confidently say that I would do it all again.

    I know that infertility sucks big time, but y'all are doing an amazing job of making the best of a bad situation. Keep celebrating the little victories along the way and lean on your support team during the low times.

    Your road to parenthood may be rougher than others, but you will get there and that baby will be blessed to have y'all as parents. Tommy and I pray for you every night.

    Faithfully,
    Erica Diaz

    ReplyDelete