Friday, April 3, 2015

Movin' and Groovin' (literally!)

We are past the halfway point, people!! In 2 weeks, we will hit the "age of viability." The age in which if our little totsicle came into the world, survival may be possible. This is mind boggling to me. This pregnancy has been the biggest whirlwind while also being the most agonizingly slow wait. It's some sort of weird combination between the two.
 
Will and I are continuing to go to Dallas monthly for our visits. Last visit was our last ultrasound where they checked out the babe's organs.  We found out that he is definitely a he! We saw his heart beating a strong beat. We saw his eyes flinching like they're trying to open and blink. We saw him yawn and suck his thumb. We saw him cross and uncross his legs each time the ultrasound tech pushed on him. He's just movin' and groovin' in there. He looked like the most perfect little alien you ever have seen.

While we are bursting with excitement, this time has been more emotional for me than the previous weeks. Katy is really beginning to show, and she felt him kick for the first time. (Katy always drinks water, and she stopped for a cherry limeade and the little dude went nuts! And yall, I LOVE cherry limeades! I think we're going to get along well.) I am so unbelievably excited, while also feeling like something horrific is about to happen. It feels like life is a little TOO good right now. Perhaps I'll feel like this until I'm holding him, or perhaps the feeling will begin to fade. But as we have talks of baby showers (don't ask my mom or my sisters about the amount of tears that were just shed over THAT talk) and nursery furniture, I feel like we're jinxing it all. However, at the exact same time, I feel actually EXCITED.  It's a weird emotion to feel-- so excited and so scared.
 
Many of you may remember last Easter. I miscarried on Easter Sunday last year. Sometimes I still feel like that day was yesterday.  Sometimes I still feel like I'm grieving what could have been. However, we continue to remember the Easter message that was applicable to us last year, this year, and maybe every day in between: A new season will come. There is always hope. What looks like the end might just be the beginning.

Happy Easter,
Kendall (and Will)

Ps. Here's one video we made to announce to some of our friends that we were expecting!

We went to a place to just find out the gender, and didn't tell our families we were finding out. Katy told a friend of mine the gender, and then she then handed us the right color silly string without us knowing until we sprayed one another!   (Funny story-- Will is color-blind, and thought it was pink at first. Good news is that he was excited for both genders!)
 
 
 
P.S.S. We told Will's family it was a boy by giving them cupcakes with blue inside the cupcake. (We video taped when we told them, but the video didn't work!)  We told my family by giving them Easter baskets. Each basket had different eggs with candy in them... and only ONE egg had the gender. So they each quickly opened every egg they could to find it!)
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good reports and the boy news! We are having boys too! Continued prayers for a smooth pregnancy and healthy delivery.

    ReplyDelete